Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Back-End Python/API Developer w/ SQL/ETL Skills for a Contract assignment w...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Back-End Python/API Developer w/ SQL/ETL Skills for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY. Any experience with AWS/Aurora or MySQL Databases is a huge plus.
**This position will be hybrid - partial remote (2-3 days a week) and onsite in midtown NYC from the start**
**For this position we can only engage on a direct w2 or independent corp basis, we cannot do 3rd party c2c engagements**
- Expand the existing technology set of tools available to end-user by integrating any new vendor products
- Integrate with partner bank data (back-end data connections built). Once data is available, coding using ETL technologiesto integrate data into their website
- Breakdown of work
- 85% Development
- 5% Planning, prioritization
- 5% Stakeholder engagement
- 5% Central coordination
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based Python application and RESTful web API
- Tune code for high performance and efficiency
- Make positive steps toward standardizing the development processes including technology selection, deployment steps, code reviews and IT tools
- 5+ years hands-on object-oriented development.Strong Python is a must.
- Ability to write SQL queries, procs, tables and views
- Database technologies including AWS Aurora, SQL Server, MySQL
- Cloud experience. AWS preferred over Azure or other.
- Experience with ETL definition and development using Talend or any tool/homegrown solution
- Experience profiling and optimizing code for performance
- While back-end development is the major emphasis of this role, the following experience would be helpful
- Experience designing and building responsive, web-based apps using modern frameworks (Django, ReactJS, NodeJS)
- Good intuition for end-user requirements gathering and UI/graphic design is preferred
- Practical understanding of design patterns and a good intuition for system design
- Experience working with Real-Time or distributed processing systems a big plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with tools/frameworks such as Docker, Redis and graylog a big plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Practical experience driving automation within Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to interact with all levels of management, end users, developers, and other IT team members
- Proven technical writing skills, the ability to summarize and clearly articulate complex issues/technical documents utilizing the Microsoft Office suite
- IT Knowledge/Experience
- Strong Python development skills; experience writing functional programs, as well as stored procedures and functions
- Experience using .Net framework and C# is a plus
- Business Analysis
- Ability to understand core business processes, analyze business problems and translate business needs into detailed technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal clients (business groups) to gather detailed requirements in order to plan, develop, install, test, and maintain high-quality, effective data-driven systems
- Finance experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to build supportive relationships and commitment of both end-user and IT team members to team goals and objectives in fast-paced environments
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Demonstrated clear, analytical thinking and sound judgment
- Ability and desire to make timely decisions based on analysis
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving capabilities
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .