As a backend developer, you will build the APIs and business logic that powers insurance tech and legal tech web applications. You will work...
As a backend developer, you will build the APIs and business logic that powers insurance tech and legal tech web applications. You will work on all aspects of the applications, writing Python code to build models, expose APIs, or integrate with third-party systems.
You will be responsible for the selection of technologies, architectures, and designs for our systems. You will write the software that defines these systems and continue to adapt and support it as our business grows.
The role requires expertise in software development, with advanced knowledge of modern web development practices. You should be familiar with best practices as well as cutting-edge solutions. You will not only be responsible for writing software, but also reviewing the work of other software engineers, and translating business goals into software development requirements.
Our technology team is a tight-knit group that is passionate about user happiness, security, automation, and open source software. We value attitude and work ethic above technical credentials. Building new technology is a messy business, so you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
MetLife Legal Plans is headquartered in Cleveland, OH, but our engineering team is remote by default, so you can work from wherever you like.
The ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years experience building web applications
- Familiarity with modern web development tools and frameworks including: Django, Postgres, and AWS.
- Experience building applications using the Linux operating system.
- Experience in technology research & development methods and tools, while demonstrating ability to sponsor and lead multi-disciplined efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of technology product evaluation and selection for web development.
- Solid hands-on experience designing and building scalable solutions that leaverage relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience building modern web applications using microservices.
- Well-honed skills and knowledge of both agile development and the OKR framework.