EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Backend Engin...
EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Backend Engineer. Reporting to the CTO, this role is a fundamental part of the EnsoData technology team that will take ownership of maintaining and developing interoperable APIs with various 3rd-party data formats.
Our goal at EnsoData is to create cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, improving their satisfaction by allowing them to spend more time and energy focused on the patient instead of the computer. We do this by providing artificial-intelligence-powered software and services.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea affects about 15% of the population, the vast majority of which are undiagnosed and untreated. Untreated sleep apnea contributes to an increased risk of many other comorbid diseases including hypertension, stroke, and heart disease.
Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with big data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating sleep study analysis. EnsoSleep tees up sleep clinicians with a nearly-complete analysis - they need only to review rather than to start from scratch.
The mission of the Backend Engineer is to expand the capabilities of the EnsoData 3rd-party software integration suite, which serves as the means for EnsoData software to seamlessly and extensively access 3rd-party health data - critical to the function of our core products. Interoperability remains a critical objective to broaden the reach of AI solutions in healthcare and improve population health management. Expanding the integration suite will include designing and developing integrations with new softwares, as well as improving the scope and quality of existing integrations.
- Build and maintain EnsoData's interoperability interface
- Increase breadth and depth of integrations
- Add valuable new features that delight customers
- Maintain documentation and test coverage
- Investigate and correct the root cause of interoperability issues
- Work closely with Product and Customer Success teams to gather information
- Experiment, identify, develop, and deploy the appropriate solution
- Monitor and follow-up with customers to confirm resolution is reached
- Expert in Python
- Strong investigative and experimentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Bonus experience working within a HIPAA compliant environment
- Intellectually curious - enjoys solving difficult problems
- Gets things done - bias toward action
- Goes above and beyond - intrinsically motivated
- Doesn't cut corners - integrity and attention to detail
- Shares knowledge - understands the value of good documentation
- Spreads good vibes - fun to work with
- Delights customers - comfortable working closely with customers
In addition to a competitive salary ($80k - $100k), significant equity in a high-growth startup, and other benefits as added, you will have a transformative impact on company culture and success. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class engineering team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical team.
EnsoData supports both fully remote and local employees! Our headquarters are located in Madison, WI - consistently ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis of race, color, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, or childbirth, gender orientation, identity, or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, past or present military service, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EnsoData will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData's mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.