EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Backend Integ...
EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Backend Integration Engineer. Reporting to the CTO, this role is a fundamental part of the EnsoData technology team that will take leadership of critical customer-facing application interfaces.
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage folks of all backgrounds to apply. To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here for quarterly updates.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create massive cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data; improving both patient and provider satisfaction, and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with big data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare; sleep study scoring.
The mission of the Backend Integration Engineer is to expand the capabilities of the EnsoData 3rd-party software integration suite, which serves as the means for EnsoData software to seamlessly and extensively access 3rd-party health data - critical to the function of our core products. Interoperability remains a critical objective to broaden the reach of AI solutions in healthcare and improve population health management. Expanding the integration suite will include designing and developing integrations with new softwares, as well as improving the scope and quality of existing integrations.
- Proficient in Python (or other scripting languages) and object oriented programming
- Strong investigative and experimentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Build and maintain EnsoData's interoperability interface
- Increase breadth and depth of integrations
- Add valuable new features that delight customers
- Maintain documentation and test coverage
- Investigate and correct the root cause of interoperability issues
- Work closely with Product and Customer Success teams to gather information
- Experiment, identify, develop, and deploy the appropriate solution
- Monitor and follow-up with customers to confirm resolution is reached
- Intellectually curious - enjoys solving difficult problems
- Gets things done - bias toward action
- Goes above and beyond - intrinsically motivated
- Self-sufficient - excited about autonomy
- Doesn't cut corners - integrity and attention to detail
- Shares knowledge - understands the value of good documentation and mentorship
- Spreads good vibes - fun to work with
- Delights customers - comfortable working closely with customers
In addition to a competitive salary of $100k, significant equity in a high-growth startup, health care coverage, and unlimited vacation, you will have a transformative impact on company culture and success. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class engineering team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical team.
EnsoData supports both fully remote and local employees! Our headquarters are located in Madison, WI - consistently ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
- Apply and we will get back to you with next steps within 2 weeks
- 30 minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position
- 2 hour take-home coding challenge
- Meet-the-team interview
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you're a great fit, but don't necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis of race, color, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, or childbirth, gender orientation, identity, or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, past or present military service, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EnsoData will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData's mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.