We need a long-term contract Perl / Python Developer professional to assist in the transitioning and developing an Intrusion Detection Syste...
We need a long-term contract Perl / Python Developer professional to assist in the transitioning and developing an Intrusion Detection System with analysis tools to feed active response actions into a Consolidated Active Response System that will manage and respond to those actions.
The project will provide central services for Intrusion Detection and cyber tools to interact with active response services and authoritative resources. Cyber administrators will have an interactive user interface to configure appropriate responses per reporting system via a web portal.
The candidate will:
- Work with others within many internal teams to develop requirements and specifications.
- Work with a small team to develop the services.
- Provide the experience for web services and mentor others in developing web services.
- Transfer knowledge of service operations to appropriate staff.
- Considerable knowledge of Python (version 2 or better) and PERL scripting.
- Considerable knowledge of web services.
- Working knowledge of database design.
- Basic knowledge of cyber security concepts.
- Working knowledge of networking administration.
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Considerable skills in user-interface design.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a small technical team.
- Able to effectively interact with user organizations to derive system requirements and design solutions.
- Able to disseminate knowledge to the team.