Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we...
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, the Business System Analyst must be able to understand given requirements, perform impact analysis for application changes and design, develop and test scalable solutions using Varicent and other supporting tools.
- The Business Systems Analyst will be developing solutions using multitude of technologies including Varicent, Python, SQL and other scripting languages as necessary.
- The Analyst must also be able to work with a diverse stakeholder group, identify areas of contention and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies.
- The Business Systems Analyst is able to successfully transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains with minimal guidance.
- This job typically does not lead others. May act as a team lead on small to medium sized initiatives. The Business Systems Analyst may provide limited coaching to less experienced analysts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with general supervision;.
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively communicate requirements conflicts to project leads, assist with conflict resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
- Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Participate in determining how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project following enterprise and division best practices.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Effectively verifies and validates requirements; ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfills goals and objectives, and meets a stakeholder need.
- Continuously strive to improve understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery. Embrace feedback and opportunities for process improvement.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- One year of experience in Business Systems or equivalent required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- A strong SQL skill is necessary. Python and other scripting languages experience will be nice to have.
- Prior experience working in any SPM tool (Varicent ICM, CallidusCloud SAP Commissions, Xactly, OIC, Vue) is an added advantage.
- Analytical Thinking (Intermediate): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Intermediate): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Intermediate): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Intermediate): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Intermediate): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Intermediate): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Basic): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Basic): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Intermediate): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Basic): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting. - provided by Dice