UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumLab's efforts are driven by math, data, and clinical science, but also focus on the human connections required to understand and treat the chronic diseases that afflict nearly half of the world's population. To do so, our team tracks the latest in science, technology, and clinical care-including what we can learn from our own data. We then apply these things via research studies, clinical trials, and pilot programs that identify new ways to prevent, detect, and intercept disease for our members.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather business requirements from Client Services Personnel
- Direct communication with Clients and Client Service Personnel
- US time based communication opportunity
- 70% of this position is SAS Programming
- Provide internal users, sales staff, and external clients support for proprietary software, Internet hosted solutions/services, and ad-hoc statistical reporting
- Act as the primary channel for the communication of routine and emergency questions, issues and requests
- Collect and interpret data for purposes of defining customer business specifications
- Build client market data sets and databases on a monthly schedule
- Foster and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Manage obstacles to effectively meet deadlines
- Investigate, analyze and develop creative solutions to client specific problems related to any aspect of delivery through active cross-functional team participation
- Work with functional teams to provide effective consultation for plan revisions, managed strategies, product development, policy and procedure changes, legislative changes and cost control
- Provide analytic, technical, and functional support to licensed users of decision support tool, escalating questions/issues to appropriate areas of expertise within organization, as needed
- Contribute to developing and improving Existing Process, Tools and Staff
- Provide ad hoc support to internal and external customers and team
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of SAS / python programming experience
- 1+ years of Tableau experience
- Health care claims data experience
- Experience with complex SQL statements and familiarity with relational databases
- Familiarity with processing large data sets
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- SAS Viya
- General software development knowledge (.NET, Java, Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, HTML, etc.)
- Ability to travel to meet with internal / external customers
- Able to work independently
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at any given time
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a strong team structure
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analyst, SAS, Python, SQL Programmer, Ann Arbor, MI, Michigan, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home