We have been retained by our client in Houston, Texas to deliver a Python Software Engineer / data Architect on a direct-hire basis. This of...
We have been retained by our client in Houston, Texas to deliver a Python Software Engineer / data Architect on a direct-hire basis. This offer is regular full-time, salaried position with a development team with a massive amount of career opportunity, and large bonuses and stock offered. This package is amazing! They hold on to their employees, and treat them well. Low turnover at this company.
Design distributed software architecture and implement systems for data using Python by creating and extending features for Python data system / framework - capturing, loading, processing, big data, or data for machine learning, artificial intelligence systems using distributed file systems, using python, and modern data platform technologies, massively parallel processing, MapR, Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Columnar Databases (i.e. skills with these help, but are not required, and these are not used: Hive, Cassandra, Neo4J, DynamoDB, DocumentAPI, Couchbase, Azure Cosmos DB). This is software architecture and engineering of distributed MPP systems with Python. Data modeling. Data Analysis. But more so software architecture of data systems.
Work with algorithms. Create algorithms in python. Extend python algorithms or Python automation tools and features. Work with big data, modern tools in data science, side by side with engineering and business decision makers to help decide how to best impact the bottom line and profit. This is a Leadership position mentoring junior engineers from a design perspective. Think like and work as an architect, reviewing code, keeping things flexible, or extendable, or scalable, easy to maintain, driving technical thought and leadership, but also doing implementation. Take existing Python framework extend it, keep it flexible, and 8 data engineers on this team, all Python, 8 data engineers, 7 data scientists. The team uses: Kubernetes, Distributed File Systems, and Massively Parallel Processing (MPP), Azure Dev Ops on prem, but this role almost all python and architecture.
- Work directly with engineering Subject Matter Experts and business operations stakeholders and data scientists to understand the objectives of data analytics sought, distributed data systems needed, and recommend and develop solutions, and deliver accurate, clean, and well-prepared data sets in a timely manner.
- Collect, explore, and prepare data for advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and present findings for further analysis.
- Architect and implement high quality analytical applications and data products.
- Automate manual data flows for repeated use and scalability with python.
- Develop data-intensive applications with APIs and streaming data pipelines with python.
- Operationalize statistical and machine learning models.
- Assists data analysts and data scientists with data extraction, feature engineering, query optimization, and data processing with python
- Implement data quality checks to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data improvements and presents recommendations to management
We seek a candidate with:
- 5+ years Python for data movements, data automation, data cleansing and creation and extension of algorithms
- 3+ years design of distributed software architecture to implement systems for data - capturing, loading, processing, big data, or data for machine learning, artificial intelligence systems using distributed file systems, using python, and modern data platform technologies, massively parallel processing data sets. Skills such as the following are helpful: MapR, Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Columnar Databases (i.e. skills with these help, but are not required, and these are not used: Hive, Cassandra, Neo4J, DynamoDB, DocumentAPI, Couchbase, Azure Cosmos DB). software architecture and engineering of distributed MPP systems with Python. Data modeling. Data Analysis. But more so software architecture of data systems. Apache, Kubernetes, MPP, distributed data systems. Data engineering.
- 5+ years of SQL
- JSON calls to a NoSQL database
- Data modeling
- exploratory data analysis using common statistical methods
- time series analysis
- IIoT, IoT, industrial internet of things, internet of things collecting data
- An understanding of OOP OOD Design Principles and Patterns, SOLID principles, Testing, CI/CD, version control, and basically how Kubernetes works, Kubernetes is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in presenting and explaining complex concepts to engineering or business stakeholders
- Big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $140,000 to 160,000 per year salary
Benefits: life, health, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick days, performance bonus. This is an excellent benefits package. Big bonuses. Stock.
Location: Houston, Texas - near downtown Houston area - M-F, onsite
Immigration: US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
No third parties. No consulting firms. Principals only.
Please apply with resume ( MS Word format preferred ).
Houston career oppty: Python Software Engineer / data Architect job posting details:
Any candidate is encouraged to call or to send a text to:
- provided by Dice