An acquired and growing startup focusing on small business marketing is looking to grow their Engineering Team by on-boarding a Senior Data ...
An acquired and growing startup focusing on small business marketing is looking to grow their Engineering Team by on-boarding a Senior Data Engineer. This company has created a marketing platform that allows local businesses to easily update their web presence, distribute information, and engage customers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be joining a team of engineers in a hands-on role with several new projects under development. The role will be focused on Python development, looking to scale their applications. Ideally, the Data Engineer will know how to build ETL pipelines from scratch, and will have some experience with Spark, and knowledge of AWS. A background as a Python developer is a huge plus as well.
The Data Engineer will come in, making an immediate impact on the team based out of Carlsbad, California. This is a startup-like environment so ability to wear multiple hats and be on-site post pandemic is going to be preferred.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6 years+ experience with software development
- Strong experience with Python
- 1+ years production experience with Spark
- Experience building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Strong OOP skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree
- Prior Software Development experience
- Exposure or working knowledge of Scala
Tech Breakdown The Offer
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Potential for Annual Bonus
- Stock/Equity Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- Modern Startup-like Office
#LI-SP1 - provided by Dice