A global entertainment company with offices in San Diego, LA and Irvine is looking for a data engineer to join a fast paced team of contract...
A global entertainment company with offices in San Diego, LA and Irvine is looking for a data engineer to join a fast paced team of contractors in Orange County.
This team is re-designing monolith the data pipelines for brand new microservices in a lambda environment with AWS. This team is working on integrations with brand new partner vendors, building billing and payment services handling millions of daily transactions, up to 30k transactions a minute.
The ideal candidate is based in OC and confident in contract to hire positions. This data engineer has some OOP understanding in Java/Python, and has worked with modern ETL data pipelines, and built data lakes and warehouses from scratch.
This team has a history of converting contractors and extending their projects, and gives you the opportunity to boost your resume with standout projects in a brand name company.
Required Skills & Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 3+ years of data engineering experience in a production environment
- Strong experience with Python
- Understanding of ETL for big data cloud pipelines
- Experience with building data lakes from scratch
- NoSQL (MongoDB pref) experience
- Computer Science or related field degree
- Collaborating with software engineering team
- Building data pipelines from scratch
- Hosting & Deployment in AWS
- Input on architecture & design
- Hourly Rate: $65/HR
- Contract Duration: 9 months
- Conversion to direct hire is likely
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex hours and unlimited PTO
#LI-SP1 - provided by Dice