BIG DATA ENGINEER
Enable data-driven decision making and in-time health monitoring of products by building and deploying product and featur...
BIG DATA ENGINEER
Enable data-driven decision making and in-time health monitoring of products by building and deploying product and feature specific analytics capabilities. Support Product teams with the complex design, development, and implementation of automated reporting and dashboards. Produce complex ad-hoc reports and analytics. Develop real-time analytics for measuring product health, usage, and customer value.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Strong capabilities with SQL with expert level in at least one object-oriented language such as SCALA, Python or Spark.
· Design, develop, and implement complex reports and analytics.
· Leverage various data and technology resources to augment analysis.
· Expertly use analytical tools to provide insight and make recommendations.
· Use advanced data visualizations techniques to provide concise and compelling summary of analysis findings in reports and presentations.
· Interact with various stakeholders to understand their business needs, communicate project status, and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction.
· Be a thought partner within the group, supporting the developments of insights, processes, and information that is valued by the business.
· QA and validate new and existing reports and analytics for proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
· Provide ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions from stakeholder groups.
· Participate in visualization design and deployment review sessions to ensure all technical and functional requirements have been met.
· Maintain accurate documentation of reporting processes and monitor and resolve any failures.
· Mentor and lead junior developers in both design and technology.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
· In-depth ability to analyze, interpret, and present data.
· In-depth skills with SQL, query performance tuning, and other database query tools
· In-depth understanding of best design and implementation practices using OOP languages such as Scala, Python and/or Spark.
· In-depth knowledge of Agile development methodologies
· Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
· Ability to work with large volumes of Big Data.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
· Familiarity with AWS, Hadoop, Hive, Imply and Tableau a major plus.
Related Work Experience
· Designing and building reports and analytics using other tools and languages such as Cognos, Hadoop, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, SSRS, Python, Spark, SCALA etc.
· Data extraction experience using SQL.
· Experience in data validation, analysis, and debugging.
· Requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation.
- provided by Dice