* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #7100
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Contract
- Job #7100
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python (144886). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will discover insights and identify opportunities through use of advanced geospatial, statistical, algorithmic, and visualization techniques. Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support. Understand business reality behind large datasets and develop meaningful analytic solutions. Translate non-technical requirements and goals into experimental design and data acquisition requirements to gather the correct data. Use code (R, Python) to acquire, process, and analyze data and build models to solve business problems. Continuously learn, adapt to new modeling techniques, procedures, and experimental approaches. Improve existing methodologies through discovery and development of new data sources, including geospatial data, testing models, and tuning model parameters. Work in cross disciplinary teams to implement data products that improve efficiency and decision making. Deliver analytical reports and presentations, including high quality maps, and present results to stakeholders and business leaders with various levels of technical knowledge. Create opportunities for data product development by identifying pain points in the business and opportunities to improve efficiency and decision making. Research, examine, process, clean data, including geospatial data, used for analysis. Extend company data with third party or publicly available sources as needed. Follow and establish new workflows based on data, analysis, developer, and end-user requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ Years of Experience
- Ph.D. in Environmental/Natural sciences, Agronomy, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Expert in machine learning, geospatial, and multivariate analysis principles and techniques.
- Direct experience with supervised (regression, time-series modeling, random forests) and unsupervised learning methods (K-means, hierarchical clustering), geospatial modeling, and multivariate analysis.
- Direct experience with data wrangling, especially of geospatial data (vector and raster).
- Expert knowledge in programming languages such as R (preferred) and/or Python.
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate complex and rigorous technical concepts to audiences at all levels.
- Ability to excel both independently and in collaboration with a team in all stages of project development.
- Track record of handling ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that emphasizes teamwork and complies with prevailing ethical standards.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Data Scientist, Python appeared first on Technology Partners .