Scientist with strong Python coding and basic statistical skills is needed to solve modeling problems for a dynamic company...
Scientist with strong Python coding and basic statistical skills is needed to solve modeling problems for a dynamic company. This is a long term contract position with potential to convert to full-time. Candidate will initially work remote, but will need to work on-site once the virus clears. Due to contractual obligations, candidate must be on our W2.
Responsibilities for the Data Scientist:
● Query data from multiple data sources
● Data wrangling and data manipulation
● Evaluate data quality and discover data limitations
● Build data processing pipelines
● Perform exploratory data analysis
● General data analysis using statistical and modeling methods
● Collect and engineer features for model development
● Evaluate and validate existing models
● Design and prototype models using statistical modeling, process modeling, and other techniques such as machine learning
● Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization methods for large datasets
● Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
Requirements for the Data Scientist
● Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or another highly quantitative discipline with at least 1-2 years postgraduate experience
● Strong Python coding skills for data management, visualization, and basic modeling (strong experience and knowledge with standard data science packages such as (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
● Proven experience in data querying and data analysis
● Experience in building data pipelines
● Statistical and/or machine learning experience
● Fast learner and follows project instructions
- ● Strong communication skills for effective interactions with business stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members:
Must have: Strong python coding skills, great communication & collaboration skills, self-motivated, basic statistical data analyst and ML modeling development experience)
Preferences for the Data Scientist:
● Applied experience with agricultural, life, crop, plant, biotech science and/or agricultural, crop, Life, plant, datasets
● Experience in SQL, PySpark, and/or SparklyR/Spark
● Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional environment
Please apply online or email . If you don't meet these requirements, but are interested in other Impellam NA, Corestaff Services or Lorien opportunities, please register with us online at ess.impellam.com.
Lorien is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.