* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #6667
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientis...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Contract
- Job #6667
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python (144453). Do you have experience with Data Science? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality! What You Will Be Doing:
You will explore and munge large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models. You will design, prototype, and test predictive models using diverse techniques that include but are not limited to machine learning, deep learning, process modeling, and statistical modeling. You will also write robust, well-documented, and well-tested research code and libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices. You will participate in brainstorming sessions, help with designing, planning, and implementing solutions, and assist with code review. You will work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers and mathematicians to deliver high quality and reproducible scientific research. Required Skills & Experience:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- PhD with 1 year of experience or MS with 3 years of experience in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, or another highly quantitative discipline
- Strong Python coding skills for data science including experience with standard data science packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with business stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
- Demonstrated experience building predictive machine learning, deep learning, simulation, and/or statistical models.
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code.
- Experience using tools for Big Data analysis such as SQL and PySpark
- Experience using version control systems (e.g., git)
- Experience joining large and diverse datasets across multiple databases & performing data quality checks
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud based platforms
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
- Passion for solving challenging problems, excellent problem solving and innovative thinking skills, and being able to define problems, explore potential solutions, choose the best solution and implement the solutions.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go! Keywords:
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Data Scientist, Python appeared first on Technology Partners .