Data Scientist- Python
Data Scientist/Research Scientist with strong Python coding skills is needed to leverage data science and deep learn...
Data Scientist- Python
Data Scientist/Research Scientist with strong Python coding skills is needed to leverage data science and deep learning skills to analyze complex agronomic data and build predictive models that are used by farmers, agronomists, and consultants to optimize their crop management programs and economic returns. This is a long term contract position with potential to convert to full-time.. Candidates will work remotely until the virus clears. Due to contractual obligations, candidates must be on our W2.
Responsibilities for the Data Scientist
- Explore and munge large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models
- Design, prototype, and test predictive models using diverse techniques that include but are not limited to machine learning, process modeling, and statistical modeling
- Write robust, well-documented, and well-tested research code and libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices
- Work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers and mathematicians to deliver high quality and reproducible scientific research
Requirements for the Data Scientist
- :PhD with 1 year of experience or MS with 2 years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or another highly quantitative discipline.
- Strong Python coding skills for data analysis and modeling, including experience with standard data science packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn).
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with team members.
Preferred Qualifications for the Data Scientist:
- Demonstrated experience building predictive machine learning, simulation, and/or statistical models.
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code.
- Experience using tools for big datasets, such as SQL and PySpark.
- Experience using version control systems, e.g. git
- Experience joining large and diverse datasets across multiple databases & performing data quality checks
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops is a strong plus
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
Lorien is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
- provided by Dice