* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Type: Contract
* Job #6965
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python, SQL (14...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Type: Contract
- Job #6965
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python, SQL (144750). Do you have experience with Python and SQL? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will explore, query, munge, and model large and diverse datasets. Evaluate data quality and discover data limitations. Design and prototype models using diverse techniques that include, but are not limited to, statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, AI. Collaborate with other data scientists in developing models to diagnose and/or predict patterns of crop performance. Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for large datasets.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or another highly quantitative discipline
- Strong Python coding skills for data management, visualization, and basic modeling (strong experience and knowledge with standard data science packages such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience manipulating and analyzing various data sets
- Strong Statistical, machine learning and deep learning modeling experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability, with demonstrated ability to build, test, and iterate on a variety of model forms
- Fast learner and follows project instructions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience with good coding practices such as version control, code documentation, automated testing, and code review
- Experience working with agriculture or soybean crop data
- Experience working with crop disease management or crop protection
- Experience in SQL, PySpark, or SparklyR/Spark
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts to collaborations, decision makers, and non-technical audiences
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Keywords: Python, SQL
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Data Scientist, Python, SQL appeared first on Technology Partners .