* Location: Newark, NJ
* Type: Contract
* Job #6509
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Tableau, SQL, Pyth...
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Type: Contract
- Job #6509
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Tableau, SQL, Python (144297). Do you have experience with Tableau? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We're looking for a data scientist to help us forecast the company's most critical source of future revenue, new products. You will work closely with forecasting, analytics, data science, and business groups to understand and model both the underlying mechanics of successful new product launches and the effect of exogenous factors. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical and communication skills and explain complex models to leadership in product, engineering, and business teams. Your models' output will provide context for product launches and market performance and serve as an input into its top-line goals. You will work within the Business Analytics and Forecasting team and contribute to internal forecast tooling, methods, and infrastructure. Business Analytics and Forecasting is a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that works in the business's predictive and prescriptive space. The team is tasked with analyzing and forecasting trends that help managers make optimized decisions ahead of time. We use statistical modeling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, natural language processing, and machine learning to drive analytics-driven decisions. You are expected to build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize new product launch by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research. You will use models to provide meaningful insights on product launch and attribute optimization, including product type, price recommendation, volume sourcing, etc. Develop and deploy analytical models in the areas of statistical new product forecasting by brand and key retailers; work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations. You will communicate complicated technical topics and nuanced insights to diverse audiences; write data pipelines to convert raw data into aggregated data to be used as signals; automate data pipelines by doing ETL in cloud data systems such as Snowflake; break traditional patterns of thought by generating and recognizing imaginative, workable solutions to business situations and problems; review sales performance, insights data, key initiatives, and new item launches with brand and customer teams to ensure robust plans execute.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other Quantitative discipline (if M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience through internship or full time work experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist, Software Engineer or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of experience with databases (SQL, etc.) and strong programming knowledge in Python
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and testing, and model development
- Experience with Machine Learning/Statistical Learning
- Previous experience working with cloud-based data and analytics platforms, standard business intelligence dashboards, and data enrichment techniques
- Advanced computer literacy skills are required, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the application of syndicated databases (IRI, Nielsen, and LiveRamp)
- Proven data analysis, problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail, and bias for delivering results
- Expertise in deriving insights from extensive data analyses to solve business and technical problems
- Cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, action-oriented/drives results, collaborates globally and locally, plans and aligns and drives stakeholder engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability to a diverse working environment with the ability to work successfully across the organization while being self-motivated
- Robust analytical capabilities across a variety of data sources and platforms with the ability to translate into action-minded recommendations
- An interest in, and some exposure to, one or more of the following tools and techniques- Tableau, Alteryx, and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Keywords: Tableau, SQL, Python
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Data Scientist, Tableau, SQL, Python appeared first on Technology Partners .