This wireless networking company supports large clients like Xfinity and DirecTV. Their DevOps team is responsible for delivering thoroughly...
This wireless networking company supports large clients like Xfinity and DirecTV. Their DevOps team is responsible for delivering thoroughly designed and highly secure SaaS software tools and applications. Utilizing the best technologies in a containerized and highly scalable environment. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers to improve the quality, velocity of their software builds and releases. For both internal and customer-facing tools and applications.
You will work on overseeing, alerting, code repositories (git), CI pipelines (GitLab, Jenkins), public cloud infrastructure (AWS) and our on-premise VMs and network. Their DevOps tool stack is cutting-edge, and they are always open to new and innovative ways of doing things. Systems administration knowledge is a major plus, experience working in a DevOps environment is crucial and some development/scripting skills are a requirement.
The ideal candidate understands the Software Development Lifecycle and how quality cloud software is built and delivered. Experience with networking and cloud infrastructure are a must. Our client wants someone with hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code tools (Terraform, Cloudformation) and (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt). What you should value most is a desire to learn new skills, improve existing skills and a great attitude.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices and pipeline development
- Experience with using Git
- Scripting skills in Python and Bash (other languages are a plus)
- Knowledgeable in Linux system administration
- Can monitor Kubernetes cluster health, application performance, network performance and other metrics
- Build out infrastructure, VPCs and Kubernetes clusters
What You Will Be Doing
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering -- or equivalent experience in those fields.
- familiar with cloud security and best practices/DevSecOps
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- desire to learn new skills, improve existing skills and a great attitude.
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160000/year, DOE
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Great Work Life Balance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice