Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an DevOps Engineer w/ Python Experience for a Contract assignment with one of ...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an DevOps Engineer w/ Python Experience for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY.
- Working with the Legal Compliance & Corporate Governance Technology (LCG) group, you will be responsible for providing a reliable, robust and fast Continuous Integration system by maintaining and evolving the automated build/test farm infrastructure (Computers, Tools, Database, Servers, scripts, etc,).
- We are seeking a passionate DevOps specialist for various technologies & tools used by our application teams.
- Assist with onboarding applications to the automated continuous pipeline framework
- Ensure a consistent and fast deployment pipeline
- Provide various administration, maintenance and support activities
- Create tooling to improve developer experience
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of infrastructure for performance, stability, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with application teams to ensure software deployment readiness
- Strong DevOps engineering experience with automated build tools, continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts.
- Experienced in Agile development lifecycle
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Programming languages: Python, Shell, SQLoDatabaseplatforms: DB2/MSSQLoSCM
- tools: GI To Continuous integration
- Tools: Jenkins
- Web servers: Apache and Tomcat
- Operating systems: Unix/Windows
- Programming languages: Perl, PyPioDatabase platforms:Post gre SQLoCloud-based environments such as: AWS and Azureo Container platform: Docker Desired Technical
- Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Splunk and Prometheus
- Build automation tools: Ant, Gradle, Maven
- Ability to add value by bringing new ideas to the teams and taking the initiative in improving the existing processes.
- Ability to take new requirements from the application teams to bring back to the core team build additional tools and automations.
- Passion for innovating and using technology to find creative solutions to optimize systems.
- Eager to learn and be in sync with what is happening in technology, DevOps/SRE both in and outside the firm.
- Educational qualification and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science or MCA from recognized institution
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Language requirements:
- Must be able to work in an English environment.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at . - provided by Dice