Position can be Perm or Contract
Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Clarapath's mission is to transform the laboratory space and advance how hos...
Position can be Perm or Contract
Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Clarapath's mission is to transform the laboratory space and advance how hospitals provide laboratory care. Our company is strategically backed by one of the largest hospitals in the country, as well as visionary pharmaceutical and academic leaders. In collaboration with our partners, we aim to improve patient care, through our automated processing, analysis, and diagnostics technology.
From our fully-automated, precision sectioning technology to world-class imaging and analysis expertise, our team represents the future of digital pathology. To continue our track record of growth we are looking for the best talent, those who take the initiative, are self-directed learners, team players, have a passion for solving complex problems and those who want to make a societal impact.
We offer challenging opportunities to join a uniquely innovative company that straddles the worlds of medical devices, industrial automation and technology.
To learn more about us, please visit us at
About the Role:
Clarapath is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will assist in the development of our next generation autonomous tissue sectioning devices, and vision systems. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing device control software, both at the driver and at the application level.
The candidate will also collaborate with other engineering groups such as mechanical, electrical and optics to gather software requirements, and provide software tools for streamlining product development.
We are a rapidly growing business with opportunity for the right candidate to continue advancing their role and responsibilities as the company grows.
What you'll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Develop software for medical device within a well-established robotics framework.
- Driver development for interfacing with motor controllers, cameras, scanners, and PLC systems.
- Develop algorithms for controlling a multi component mechatronic system based on software requirements.
- Write software design and software test documents.
- Perform unit testing.
Our Perfect Candidate Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Engineering or related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the industry
- Formal software documentation experience preferably in medical device development area
- Direct experience with C/C++ and/or Python.
- Ability to work in a LINUX environment.
- Experience working with GIT or other code repository systems.
- Good foundation in TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Understand Multithreading and Real Time Systems.
- Experience working with PID based control for motion and temperature control.
- Knowledge of hardware communication interfaces such as Ethernet, Serial, SPI, I2C.
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS
- Experience working with robotics platforms such as ROS or YARP is a plus.
Other Experiences and Knowledge:
- Interfacing to Clinical Lab Information Systems.
- Histology laboratory workflow experience.
- Experience building vision systems for process and quality control.
- Experience working on data security and HIPAA requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to work in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Drive, determination, and ability to hit aggressive milestones/deadlines.
- Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k; PTO and holidays).
- A collaborative and diverse work environment where our teams thrive on solving complex challenges.
- Ability to file IP with the company.
- Connections with world class researchers and their laboratories.
- Collaboration with strategic leaders in healthcare and pharmaceutical world.
- A mission driven organization where every team member will be responsible for changing the standards of delivering healthcare.
- Company does not offer visa sponsorship or relocation help.
- provided by Dice