Cutting edge technology company founded and run by seasoned veterans who've had previous successful companies introducing new cutting edge t...
Cutting edge technology company founded and run by seasoned veterans who've had previous successful companies introducing new cutting edge technologies.
1) Company is working on real Holography, w/ no Headgear.
2) Raised ~30MM Series A from top venture firms,. Great opportunity for the right person.
3) Team has experience in all aspects of the lecosystem, but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time.
4) Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
5) To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels)
6) Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required
7) One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye.
8) Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction.
9) Need team members who want to be part of the next step is visual display.
Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures: "This is essentially the holy grail of optical display technology, enabling things that seem like science fiction to be possible today. We are thrilled to be in on the ground floor with the team, and look forward to helping evolve this exciting technology."
Please take a look at the description below and let me know if you or anyone you know would be available/interested in discussing. More than happy to pass on finders fees for referrals.
You will be working on the development of the world's highest resolution holographic display. You have experience in assembly and debug of systems with custom electronics, mechanical parts and optical devices. You know enough electronics to follow a schematic and rework PCBs, and you can write test scripts. You enjoy working with engineers to improve design and manufacturability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble display wall systems comprised of optics, mechanical components, and custom electronics.
- Debug problems on custom PCBs with the help of a schematic and preform rework.
- Debug connections between display devices, flex cables, and PCBs to identify root cause failures.
- Write simple test scripts (e.g. bash shell scripts or simple Python code) for the purpose of testing a video wall system, and run them in Windows and Linux.
- Soldering - moderate difficulty
- Work with engineers in multiple disciplines to improve manufacturability and design.
- Basic knowledge of optics is a plus.
- Experience with CAD SW and machining is a plus.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Able to perform simple mechanical modifications using a drill or Dremel tool.
Able to work with mechanical engineers to develop fixtures for the purposes of testing.
- At least 3 years of experience in a development or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of basic electronics enough to follow a schematic and perform simple debugging.
- Able to use a function generator and an oscilloscope.
- Able to write Python or bash test scripts.
- Experience with assembling products with optics and custom electronics.
- Comfortable using Linux utilities.
- Able to solder and do rework.
- Able to source basic manufacturing equipment and lab supplies.
- Familiar with optical components such as displays, cameras, lenses, filters, laser sources, microscopes, etc. is a plus.
- Familiar with CAD SW such as SolidWorks and machining is a plus.
- Basic electronics.
- Python and/or bash test scripts.
- Basic development equipment.
- Basic optics.
- provided by Dice