Join the Commodities and Global Markets technology team at a global bank as a Front Office Python Developer that enjoys workin...
Join the Commodities and Global Markets technology team at a global bank as a Front Office Python Developer that enjoys working in partnership with traders to solve complex problems and make a significant impact on the business. This is a team that is there to mentor the junior members as they start their career. This is a team that will give you the support, mentorship and work life balance needed to be successful.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- This is a technology position in a business facing role, with direct exposure to front-office personnel, sitting on the trading floor
- Will be aligned to the Commodity Markets and Finance (CMF) division, supporting their business operations from a technology perspective on a day-to-day basis
- Accountable for prioritizing, requirements gathering and delivering software solutions in partnership with front-office and global teams
Day to Day Duties:
- Working with proprietary systems to service front-office users in their day-to-day operations
- Develop high quality, low maintenance software solutions for our key trading and risk systems
- Bespoke problem solving and troubleshooting, manage incidents and implementing tactical issues
- 1 to 2 years programming experience in python. Working experience with SQL and Excel spreadsheet desirable
- strong analytical and problem solving skills. Comfortable with solving production issues under time pressure.
- Team player with good communication skills. Comfortable with directly interacting with traders and business partners and multitasking.
- Good understanding of futures, Commodities, options and derivatives desirable
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Python (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
- provided by Dice