We're a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas (in the US). We are committed to revolutionizing how students find their postsecondary p...
We're a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas (in the US). We are committed to revolutionizing how students find their postsecondary path and helping K12 districts improve outcomes. We offer a huge opportunity for you to grow technically and professionally.
SchooLinks is looking for a mid to senior level, experienced, full stack developer to join our quickly expanding team and looking to leave a lasting impact on a product that leaves a lasting impact on students' lives.
We are looking for someone who can really understand problems and data from a conceptual level- we don't just want to tell you what to do do, but want you to figure out how to solve problems and build internal frameworks and approaches that will scale to millions of users
Nice to Have
- You are not comfortable just building what you're told... specifically you must be comfortable taking ownership over technical decisions about code structure, tooling, and be interested in the actual product you're working on
- Looking to grow professionally (and ideally looking to do it quickly!)
- At least 4 years of experience shipping production-quality code in both the FE and BE
- At least 2 years of experience in Django OR React (we can help you get up to speed in one, but not both)
- Experience using MySQL or some other SQL engine in a production environment
- Experience building complex and modern UIs
- Past work writing tested code and doing test-drive development
- AWS experience
- Experience with Python Pandas
- Previous work with Celery/RabbitMQ
- Interest or experience with education and educational data (standards/conventions, SIS, state reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge of web app caching and performance optimization