- Someone to help us build new backend data models and API endpoints with opportunities to grow as a contributor to a user-facing Single-page Application (SPA) web app.
- Someone with the experience to identify bottlenecks and optimize database throughput, code speed, and infrastructure reliability.
- Worked in the commercial software space for a while but would now like to use their engineering skill to positively impact the world.
- Participate in planning and implementing new software features for the Open Science Framework (OSF).
- Help triage customer issues and provide bug fixes.
- Support maintenance and refactoring of existing codebase.
- Provide reliable communication around progress and needs.
- Review code contributions of other engineers.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Great communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- Well versed in software design principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, and passionate about software engineering concepts.
- Extensive experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with Django and Django Rest Framework
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Ability to make and drive technical decisions to completion
- Experience with Front-end SPA frameworks is a plus Core technologies
- Back-End: Python, Django, Tornado, and Flask
- Databases & Messaging: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
Front-End: EmberJS and TypeScript
Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Travis Education and Experience