Cloud Spark Engineer Looking for 8 Jr Developers and 4 Senior Developers. Really only interested in Spark. And since they are building in th...
Cloud Spark Engineer Looking for 8 Jr Developers and 4 Senior Developers. Really only interested in Spark. And since they are building in the cloud would like to have some AWS experience, too. This relates to both the Junior and Senior positions. Expecting professional Spark and AWS experience for the seniors and knowledge of Spark and AWS for the juniors. They could also benefit from some very strong Python candidates. Even without Python experience, they could use some engineers with a solid understanding of Python and theory behind what makes for good Python code. The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices to promote the highest reusability across the US and Global. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to drive project deliverables. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, software design and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs to support the organization. A full stack engineer is a person that has a breadth of knowledge in computer science, a problem solving mentality and a desire to learn. This person is comfortable working with in a technical capacity across many of the Data & Analytics sectors including core development on platform, data processing and report generation.
FSEs are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily. FSEs have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. The FSE will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable for the overall success of the output. Behaviors
- Implement ETL routines on AWS
- Contribute to CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
- Understands when to automate and when not to.
- Understand what it takes to create well architected applications for Cloud
- Think of code and quality being owned by the entire team.
- Identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in functional code.
- Find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
FSEs are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily. FSEs have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
Sample Delivery Responsibilities
Requirements and Skill sets needed:
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Participate in peer code reviews and pair programming
- Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
- Working in stages of the environment lifecycle
- Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
For more information please contact Karen Schur at or Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area. Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.
- Professional ETL experience using Spark (Python or Scala)
- 2+ year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
- 1+ year of AWS solution engineering and architecture experience
- 1+ year of CI/CD experience (Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation etc.)
- Experience working with large data stores
- Understanding of all aspects of database technologies - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
- Understanding of different types of testing - Unit, Acceptance, Regression, Performance, etc.
- Experience or understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) or Pair Programming desired
- Knowledge of Unix-like operating system environments
- Software version control (e.g. git working knowledge or greater)
- Experience contributing to open source software projects.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- AWS Certification desired
- provided by Dice