Full Stack Python Engineer
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Pyt...
Full Stack Python Engineer
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Python Engineer?
CGI is seeking a Sr Python talent with strong frontend UI experience with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration & Continuous Development, Behavior / Test Driven Development - BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located at Lafayette, LA! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, to learn new technologies.
This Python Developer/Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug of software applications.
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
• Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for design, development, and implementation of application solutions using python.
• Serve as senior python resource in development team's efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
• Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure efficient application build solutions are implemented.
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's use cases with highly efficient and reliable application considering the changing infrastructure and technology.
• Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
• Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations.
• Extensively build and modify python applications and processes to migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS.
• Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Minimum of 5 years of Python development experience
o Experience in developing full stack python applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed
o Extensively experienced with python technologies like
o Python Data Manipulation packages Pandas, Numpy, Impyla, Marshmallow, Alembic, SQLAlchemy, psycopg2-binary and PySpark.
• Web Development packages Django, Flask, Flask-Migrate, Flask-RESTPlus, Flask-SQLAlchemy, Requests, Gunicorn, web2py and PyJWT.
• Python Messaging Queue Packages Celery, Redis and Flower.
• Python Storage Packages Boto, Boto3 and s3.
• GUI Development packages PyGObject and PyQt.
• System Administration packages Ansible and OpenStack.
• Package managers and Python distributions: Anaconda, pip
• Python Testing Frameworks: PyTest, Unittest and Nose
• Python Code quality check packages Pylint, Bandit, Pep8 and Flake8
• Python Grammar checker Antlr
o Experience with one or more sql databases and must have experience working with large data sets
• RDS Aurora
o Experience in deployment platforms
• Jenkins (CloudBees)
• Please Build
• Helm Charts
o Experience with Linux systems (bash)
o Experience with Git
o Experience with TDD & BDD
o Excellent troubleshooting skills
o Experience with AWS is must. The candidate must have at least thorough understanding of aws.
NICE TO HAVE
o Prior Healthcare Industry experience
o AWS Certification
o Object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java or any other OO compiled language
o Big data experience with Hive, Impala, Scala & Kafka
o Scripting languages: Java Script & Type Script.
o Web development frameworks: Angular, React, Node.js, Django and Flask etc.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Skills - provided by Dice