KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electroni...
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world's leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow's electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA's metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
Responsibilities For This Exciting Role Will Include
- Managing resource allocations, schedules, and project budgets
- Create training plans for the development of team members
- Work with suppliers worldwide to develop complex, cost-effective, and reliable solutions for next-generation HPC systems
- Understand and drive system, sub-system, and interface requirements
- Propose and lead feasibility studies and proof of concepts
- Guide engineering team in HPC system designs
- Guide the development of new features to continuously improve existing products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, supply chain organizations, etc. and lead system-level discussions including impact on overall system performance
The successful candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills, in addition to the following:
- Experience working with servers, network switches, and server components
- Knowledge of current HPC trends and technologies
- Experience with Python development is desired but not required
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and lead system-level discussions including impact on overall system performance
- Lead troubleshooting activities at subsystem and system levels
- Must be able to travel for training, project support, and support of customers globally
Business Insight, Communication, Courage, Customer Focus, Drives Results, Drive Vision & Purpose, KLA Values, Manages Ambiguity, Strategic Mindset, Technical / FunctionalMinimum Qualifications
Doctorate (Academic) + o years, or Master's Level Degree + 2 years, or Bachelor's Level Degree + 5 yearsWe offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.