We are seeking a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a demonstrated history of developing applications for a variety of embedded ...
We are seeking a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a demonstrated history of developing applications for a variety of embedded processors. The Software Engineer will be a part of a talented and collaborative team focused on improving and extending Company software for electro-optical satellite subsystems. A strong sense of shared responsibility and reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun. Supporting you will be a development and management team that wants you to succeed. The Software Engineer must have the vision to take ideas and transform them into software that will improve the nation's defense capabilities.
- Architect and develop software used in high-value, mission critical deliverable systems
- Expand the company's library of image processing software.
- Architect and develop software used to perform testing of high-value, mission critical deliverable systems
- Participate in the generation of requirements for design of test equipment
- Plan and execute tests to verify proper operation of software
- Assist in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of deliverable systems in a laboratory environment
- Develop and maintain documentation related to software, including requirements, design documentation, build paperwork, and issue tracking
- Work in a collaborative environment with other engineering disciplines, program management, and the customer community
- Support system verification and certification activities including support of system integration with the host platform and field support and testing
Education / Certifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related technical degree or experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in general software development environments
- Versed in at least one of C, C++, or C#
- Solid knowledge of a scripting language - preferably Python.
- Proficient in writing detailed design documents using formal design standards
- Understanding of calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra, etc. and the ability to convert mathematical algorithms into efficient code.
- An interest in working with hardware to help ensure that code is bug free as well as the ability to perform SW/HW integration at the host of target level
- Worked with engineers in other disciplines in order to design the best possible system for all involved
- Deep curiosity in learning new application techniques.
- Knowledge of document and code management (e.g. Git, ClearCase) systems
- Developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
- provided by Dice