WHO WE ARE
As one team, we work together to deliver a superior customer experience, leveraging cutting edge technology that powers our best...
WHO WE ARE
As one team, we work together to deliver a superior customer experience, leveraging cutting edge technology that powers our best in class products and services. Our team designs, develops, delivers, and supports innovative products and services that are essential to bringing Internet, TV and voice to more than 28 million residential and business customers that includes our award winning X1 platform. The team also builds and operates mission-critical systems, including those that monitor our network - one of the world's largest - and its associated cloud infrastructure.
Billions of requests. Millions of Users. Come be part of our Experience Video Platform team! Our team designs, builds, and operates the APIs that power the Xfinity and Sky Video experiences. Reliability and performance at this scale require sophisticated information systems to be made simple.
We are looking for an engineer who is able to listen to Users, understand technical requirements, collaborate on solutions, and deliver technology services in a high velocity, dynamic, "always on" environment. As a member of our team you will work with other engineers to produce critical applications & infrastructure and the tools and processes that enable our systems to scale at a rapid pace. One day might involve creating an API that returns a customer's channel lineup or performance tuning of a Java web application; the next may be building tools to enable continuous delivery or infrastructure as code.
Our goal as an organization is to design, build, and scale the distributed systems that back the products that delight our customers. Our team values inclusiveness, collaboration, personal growth, and fun!
Java, Linux, AWS, Containers, Microservices, Spring, Reactor, Redis, Splunk/ELK, TerraForm, Concourse CI/CD, NoSQL Database, Python, Scala
- Design, build, and scale sophisticated high-volume server-side applications and frameworks.
- Write reusable, testable and maintainable code.
- Produce technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity depending upon the needs of the particular project.
- Participate in weekly knowledge sharing sessions, semi-annual Lab Weeks, and scrum ceremonies.
- A minimum of five years of experience as an active contributor during all phases of the software development lifecycle, with the ability to describe specific and detailed individual contributions in the areas of architecture/design, development, testing, release, and maintenance.
- Proficiency with object-oriented development, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Experience designing and building systems for highly available multi-site deployment environments, a solid understanding of the network architectures that support such systems, and familiarity with techniques for tuning application performance in a distributed environment.
- Software development experience in Java, with an understanding of the Spring Framework and RESTful architectures.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure, Cloudfoundry, OpenStack).
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol and associated caching techniques.
- Knowledge of reactive coding patterns and frameworks is a plus (eg. Reactor, Spring WebFlux).
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and a love of learning!
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.