Cobb Systems Group is seeking a Java Developer to join our client's software development team as a full-time permanent employee. This profes...
Cobb Systems Group is seeking a Java Developer to join our client's software development team as a full-time permanent employee. This professional will work on our client's marketing and advertising technology platform which includes a suite of performance products and services delivered via their self-serve advertising platform. The products deliver a data set that allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). The platform uses a complex proprietary mapping technology to achieve these outcomes. This position can work remotely permanently.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Create cross platform responsive user interfaces
- Create highly scalable micro-services utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to help drive technical strategy
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s)
- Collaborate with other internal teams and vendors to determine appropriate technical approach and implementation, timing, and resourcing
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tools and technology adoption
- Mentor, and coach team members at different levels of experience in good coding and documentation practices
- Work with the team members across the organization to understand and incorporate business requirements into product solutions
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures
- Provide operational support of your deployed code
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Develop technical and non-technical relationships with key stakeholders and with other teams across the organization
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in AWS development (lambda, ECS, ECR, API Gateway, S3)
- 3+ years of experience using object-oriented languages (Java and/or Python) and Spring boot
- 3+ years of experience using git or other distributed source control systems
- Experience with CI/CD and Unit Testing ( Junit, Mockito etc.).
- Proven track record of delivering large scale projects, and an ability to break down large tasks into smaller deliverable chunks.
- Good to have experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency, web applications
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles, patterns, best practices, performance optimizations, and memory management
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Understand technical risks / issues and assists with options to resolve / mitigate
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to cultivate collaboration
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- Knowledge of the open-source ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- provided by Dice