Experis IT is partnered with the worlds leading provider of secure financial messaging services in their search for a Java/Python Applicatio...
Experis IT is partnered with the worlds leading provider of secure financial messaging services in their search for a Java/Python Application Developer to join their Network Tooling team in Manassas, VA to support ongoing initiatives.
Position is 100% onsite from Day 1.
The Network Tooling squad provides network monitoring tools using COTS products. They are an e2e DevOps team and use Agile Scrum methodology.
Quick Summary of Required Skillset:
- CI/CD Maven, Jenkins
- Linux/Shell Scripting
- Network Monitoring (SNMP)
- REST of API Webservices
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience relevant to software development, systems engineering, test automation and/or computer networks.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, etc.
- Experience in developing complex logic using scripting languages such as Perl, Python and shell on Unix-based operating systems, preferably on RHEL.
- Good user-level knowledge in Unix-based operating systems, preferably RHEL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and be open to change.
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as SMARTS for availability and performance monitoring of network devices such as Cisco and Juniper routers and switches, Fortinet firewalls, F5 load balancer, etc., is a plus.
- Experience of Java programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle is a plus.
- Experience in working in agile environments is a plus.
- Design, develop, test and deploy tools that enhance and customize commercially available network monitoring applications.
- Engage with internal consumers to gather and analyze the technical and functional requirements.
- Design and recommend cost-effective solutions considering the requirements and technical and/or business constraints.
- Write code according to general and specific coding standards, develop test cases/code, and perform unit and/or integration testing.
- Work with security team to address security vulnerabilities on the COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) products relevant to your team and adhere to minimum security baselines.
- Use source code repository to version-control the developed code, make appropriate branching, package for RHEL OS and make software releases.
- Write technical documentation for the release including overall design, installation guide and test reports.
- Follow change management processes to deploy, configure, activate and verify the software in production environment.
- Troubleshoot production problems if any, provide timely bug fixes or workarounds, and escalate/work closely with COTS vendors and/or other teams.
- From time to time, perform technical feasibility and/or proof of concept to bring in new vendor products for enhancement or replacement or to upgrade the existing COTS products.