Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a strong and experienced Java and Python Developer. In this role you'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop integrations between vendor tool APIs and automation frameworks, both for legacy as well as cloud environments
- Create and executes against a plan to develop, launch, and maintain off the shelf and proprietary automation tools/frameworks that can be consumed by internal infrastructure teams
- Create functional and technical specifications
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation
- Work with internal and external developers to create code standards and best practices and ensure they are adhered to
- Partner with other competency leads / developers and support project planning, technical design, development and solution deployment functions
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement as applicable
- Provide ongoing expertise to operational support groups (e.g., Systems Support) in order to address identified application problems/issues, as requested, and help to provide root cause analysis
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- Collaborate with team of varied skills to solve problems
- Mentor junior resources to enable team cross-training
- Support, design and improve on monitoring, alerting and tooling/framework efforts
- Ability and willingness to augment current expertise with new open source or targeted vendor technologies
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical audiences
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years or more of full lifecycle development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Java
- 4+ years of experience in Python
- 2+ years exposure/experience with RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of SDLC experience in an Agile environment
- Proven track record of coaching / mentoring junior development resources
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with infrastructure automation using Orchestration Tools (i.e. Stackstorm)
- Knowledge of and experience with Ansible
- Knowledge of and experience with Splunk
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as GitHub, Foreman and Jenkins
- Knowledge of and experience using public cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Software architecture concepts
- Network familiarity
- System admin experience (Windows & Linux)
- VM and container platform experience (VMWare, K8s, Docker, Openshift)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java, Python Lead Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote