Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for a Software Engineer to join an existing team supporti...
Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for a Software Engineer to join an existing team supporting a Department of Defense contract. The Software Engineer will be part of a cross-functional agile development team of other Engineers, Data Scientists and Researchers, and Analysts executing the development process to build and maintain an automated system for data discovery. The Software Engineer will be supported by the Program Manager and a Lead Software Engineer to perform the following standard duties:
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience as a software engineer / software developer
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field can be substituted for four (4) years of experience.
Current/Active Top Secret clearance is required
*For strong candidates, we will sponsor for TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. *US Citizenship required
- Proficiency with Python, Java Script, Express, Angular 2+, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, HTML5, PostgreSQL and Unix/Linux
- Experience developing solutions for complex software projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security
- Experience working in agile or DevOps teams
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Systems Administration experience working with Windows, UNIX, Linux, virtualization, Docker / containers, orchestration, and cm/scripting technologies
- Experience performing development and configuring instance implementations within AWS or other commercial cloud environments
- Ability to perform independent research and offer approaches to solving complex problems involving technology, process automation, and policy implementations
- Experience working with geographically distributed development teams
CONMD careers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice