Thresher's products create value from unstructured text--even when others are trying to manipulate the narrative. Thres...
Thresher's products create value from unstructured text--even when others are trying to manipulate the narrative. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between engineers, data scientists, former intelligence officers, and business executives who understand the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis in the private and public sectors. We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex, multidisciplinary challenges that we are helping our clients address.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the software development life cycle including development, testing, maintenance, and support.
- Operate in a collaborative agile environment with a focus on transparency and team success.
- Create proofs-of concept, prototypes, and production-quality solutions.
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) text data in a variety of written languages.
- Engage with peers to review solutions and help ensure our team delivers readable, maintainable, and extensible solutions.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and data scientists to fully understand requirements and participate in proposing solutions.
QualificationsIdeal Candidate Has
Attributes That Are Important To Us
- Interest in software engineering best practices
- Interest in authoring well-structured and testable code
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Interest in Scrum and agile methodologies
- Experience in learning new technologies, techniques, and practices
- Relevant internship experience
- Commitment to delivering high-quality solutions
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Interest and ability to take initiative
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a diverse and distributed team
- Ability to convey complex topics concisely and clearly
- Ability and willingness to learn new things
- Ability to succeed in a remote work environment
is competitive and includes 20 days of vacation, 9 federal holidays, 9 days of sick leave. We cover 100% of health care premiums as well as the premiums for short and long-term disability plus life insurance. We will contribute to your 401K. This is a great opportunity to collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age (age 40 or older), or genetic information. We welcome applications from veterans.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter describing a challenging problem you solved, why you are interested in working with Thresher, and a resume