Join a seed stage startup that is changing how people can utilize geospatial data. Organizations in the public and private sector have incre...
Join a seed stage startup that is changing how people can utilize geospatial data. Organizations in the public and private sector have increasing needs to optimize this operational data, but lack a central platform. This role reports to the CTO, and will work with frontend and GIS scientists to build a PaaS used by energy companies as well as the U.S. government.
You'll join the team as the lead backend engineer, to help grow both the company's vision, and your team.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years using Python/Django
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or related field
- Cloud experience with AWS or GCP
- Microservices and Fast APIs experience
- Proven technical leadership with responsibilities and projects
- Startup experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Strong familiarity with GIS data files, and able to able to actually edit the files themselves
- Experience with other GIS tools (GeoPandas, Shapely, Post GIS)
- DevOps tools like ArgoCD
- 60% Python,
- 20% Databases
- 20% Architecture
- Competitive yearly Base Salary : Up to $200k base + Equity
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive RSU Package + Bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Work Hours
- Entirely Remote
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship. - provided by Dice