Lead, Software Engineering at Macy's Technology reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading...
Lead, Software Engineering at Macy's Technology reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software engineering technical direction and development of enterprise solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a "force multiplier". Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems.
- Build and maintain business-critical software
- Update and improve our core product alongside frontend developers
- Improve processes to make them more robust and require less human intervention
- Create/review technical design documentation and provide leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance to team members.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing and production release.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
- 3+ years of professional full stack development
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with database (SQL) and data modeling
- Drive to craft clean, reliable, and highly maintanable code in an agile environment
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.