WHAT WE WANT
FriendFinder Networks is looking for a Lead Senior Python Developer who will work with cross functional teams to evangelize an...
WHAT WE WANT
FriendFinder Networks is looking for a Lead Senior Python Developer who will work with cross functional teams to evangelize and train team members on the design patterns and best practices for web application development, propose architecture and deployment scenarios for highly scalable and reliable web applications, and design, build, develop, and test Python code as part of an agile distributed team. If you are passionate about distributed computing, application performance, quality software, and fun working environments, join us to ensure we continue to provide new users and tens of millions of our existing customers the best possible user experience on our web sites 24 hours a day, every day of the year, all over the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and mentor team members in the web application concepts, design, communication, security, availability, and tools, and help them evolve Python software components that conform to the best practices.
- Design, implement, and build backend code for a highly concurrent web application using Python frameworks and other related technologies.
- Become a fully integrated member of an agile cross-functional organization.
- Configure, tune, and optimize Python applications.
- Work with QA Technicians to resolve issues before going live.
- Document all your work and communicate issues when they arise
- Assist in troubleshooting of production issues
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Python development and SQL experience
- 5+ years experience working with Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ (or similar caching/message bus technologies)
- Experience with Celery, Flask, Django, and other parts of Python ecosystem
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLab, etc
- You must be at least 21 years old or older
- You must be comfortable with adult content
WHAT IS PREFERRED
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Deadline oriented and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player, positive attitude and flexible
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: No direct reports
FriendFinder Networks Inc. and its subsidiaries offer a business casual work environment, flexible work hours, and a competitive salary. The benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with a 5% match on eligible earnings with no vesting period
- Medical (Kaiser HMO, Aetna PPO), Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD and Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (20 days PTO) and Holiday Pay (12 company paid holidays off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- 529 Education Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Club Reimbursement
WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT WE DO
Not only do we love what we do, but we truly believe in it. We grow through positive education, skill training, courses, big stories, and big dreams. We are constantly improving and striving for perfection to revolutionize and enhance the lives of our members.
WE CARE ABOUT PEOPLE
The main precondition of any relationship is the ability to put ourselves in someone else s shoes to truly understand them. Satisfied customers, employees, and business partners are not just a cog in the wheel, but the main ingredient of the company s success.
WE EMBRACE DIVERSITY IN ALL FORMS
FriendFinder Networks has embraced diversity from the beginning of its history dating back to the mid 1990s. We created the first online personals sites for gays and lesbians, for non-English-speaking audiences, and for those who enjoy what was once called "alternative lifestyles". Headquartered in San Francisco / Silicon Valley and staffed throughout the world, our team also relies on diversity of background, perspectives, and ideas.
- provided by Dice