Our client is a diversified trading firm with a prime focus on bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional talent together to solve co...
Our client is a diversified trading firm with a prime focus on bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional talent together to solve complex problems in markets around the world and across many asset classes.
Serving twenty years of continuous success in the market, and a strong believer in a scientific approach while introducing cutting edge trading financial products. They have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development; offering careers that provide endless growth opportunities.
About the Role, Lead Software Engineer (Python):
looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer (Python) to join a newly created Technology Software web Services team. The role will include designing, developing, and deploying applications for teams across the Technology Software Services organization. You will also be working closely with other groups within the organization, such as Networking, Telecom, and Core Infrastructure Services, in a mentorship capacity. You will be working primarily in a Linux/macOS environment.
What You'll Do:
Who Will Love This Job:
- Be a key member of the Infrastructure Development team, making impactful changes and designing custom applications.
- Collaborate with other technologists to create applications for other teams.
- Mentor junior developers in best practices.
What You Should Have:
- A senior Python programmer who's passionate about building well-designed, well-tested, user-oriented software
- A Python Developer at heart with an interest in web services/ software design
- A natural collaborator who enjoys interacting both within the team and across departments
Additional Skills That Will Help You In The Role:
- Many years of software engineering and technical leadership experience
- Proven experience as a solution architect, focusing on complex solutions built using Python with Flask framework
- Experience with frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js
- Experience with SQLAlchemy
- Experience with nginx
- Experience with git
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Harbor, Rancher