Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Cloud Deployment Engineer - Python/Azure/DevOps for a Contract assignment wi...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Cloud Deployment Engineer - Python/Azure/DevOps for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients downtown New York, NY.
Remote until the offices open.
3- 10 years experience
(Please, no third party C2C candidates)
- Working on a modernization project
- Deploy and run application portfolio on a public cloud
- Ensure design is scalable and secure
- Create and support Test Automation and Continuous Integration & Deployment methodology/tooling.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Greenfield like project
- 5+ years' experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale applications with complex integration and have cloud-based deployment experience.
- Required skills:
- Azure (AWS if all other skills are very strong)
- Python -- for deployment (not an app dev role)
- Strong DevOps
- 2+ years of this experience must be inworking with CI/CD and other DevOps tools
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git) and build tools (Gradle). Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with No-SQL databases
- Capital Markets/Trading and Derivatives/instruments knowledge a huge plus. Equities a plus
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related university degree preferred
- Azure Cloud, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or any other public cloud certifications is an added bonus
- The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
- provided by Dice