Our FinTech client is seeking a Manager of Application Development who has proven knowledge in Python to take on very important and challeng...
Our FinTech client is seeking a Manager of Application Development who has proven knowledge in Python to take on very important and challenging application development projects. Come and join our technical team to work in a collaborative environment where talent is valued and creativity is encouraged!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Plano, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Leads a development team responsible for architecting and developing highly scalable proprietary applications that serve to enable the business to derive value and efficiency and solving business challenges. Creates significant positive impact to the business through the use of machine learning, data analytics, modern web technologies, data engineering, and cloud engineering.
- Manage team of backend developers to maximize the value delivered to the business
- Design, direct, and complete entire applications and services from start to finish with the ability to scale.
- Ensure quality of programs by evaluating solutions for efficiency, scalability and flexibility
- Take an active role in mentoring and training team members
- Routinely identify and drive process improvements
- Ensure solutions produced are operating as expected
- Participate in and lead code-review sessions to identify potential problems and/or alternative solutions
- Lead the development and implementation of technical coding standards
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and values
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development
- 5+ years using Python or client side coding technologies
- 3+ years of experience in the AWS stack
- 3+ years of experience in new application development/ architecture in a technical capacity (developer/ architect)
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile development environments
- Proven experience with server-less technologies
- Proven experience with Python machine learning libraries (i.e. scikit-learn)
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of entire development cycle, from concept to deployment and monitoring
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Team player with strong attention to detail, with the ability to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and mathematical skills, using sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills