This continuously growing organization within the financial technology industry is specialized in servicing credit cards to an underserved m...
This continuously growing organization within the financial technology industry is specialized in servicing credit cards to an underserved market in America. Their goal is to help folks who normally are overlooked by traditional companies, providing credit cards to consumers of all credit types. As their advanced analytics team continues to expand they are in need of a Manager for their data science team. In this role, you will be hands on, helping to contribute to the design, development, and implementation of several predictive models across the organization. You will also contribute to people management and business strategy, interacting with and presenting non-technical stakeholders in order to translate business needs into technical solutions.
This role is perfect for someone who loves FinTech (especially as it relates to the subprime market), machine learning, and transforming business requirements into innovative analytics solutions. This position requires a candidate with at least an MS in Comp Sci, Statistics, or other quantitative field, as well as a strong knowledge within the financial technology industry. This position is remote through COVID, but will require a local candidate to be able to go into their office in Wilmington, DE.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum requirement of an MS in a Quantitative based study
- Prior experience implementing data science solutions within the financial industry
- Python Machine Learning Libraries (Pandas, NumPy, XGBoost, etc.)
- Data Extraction- SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Previous management and/or mentorship experience
- Continuous desire to learn and grow
- 85% Technical Work
- 15% Interacting with Business Stakeholders
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off
- 20 Days Work from Home/Year (post COVID)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Fast paced
- Business casual environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice