Our client, a financial services group with an integrated global network, which provides investment, financing and related services to indiv...
Our client, a financial services group with an integrated global network, which provides investment, financing and related services to individual, institutional and government customers, is looking to hire!
They have 2 full-time permanent openings (1 Mid-Level, 1 Senior) in their Risk IT/Risk Engines Group, specifically for a Market Risk Developer. These are both based onsite out of Midtown Manhattan (once COVID-19 subsides).
The Risk Engines group is a global group responsible for the systems which handle the exposure and stress calculations, across both Credit and Market Risk. They interact with business users such as the risk quantitative analysts and risk managers.The sheer volume of daily data means we have to consider innovative solutions to allow our compute and data storage capabilities to scale with the demands of increasing trade populations and regulatory-driven business requirements.
The firm's tech stack is predominantly distributed Java and Python services, with relational and distributed databases, GemFire as a caching layer and ActivePivot for real-time interrogation of aggregated risk metrics. They use Python, mostly as a scripting layer, but also for rapid prototyping and development of services. They are also building out a Hadoop store of market risk data, which incorporates Dremio for data querying and both Arrow and Parquet as columnar data formats.
The successful candidates will work on some or all of the following (depending on level/skill-set):
- Work across a range of data-oriented tech including ActivePivot, Hadoop, and Public Cloud Compute Technologies like AWS
- Build-out of new functionality for FRTB. Work closely with Methodology quants and with developers and BAs across the 4 main offices globally
- Analyze requirements for new and existing market risk models and translate them into cohesive technical solutions also ability to develop tools in Python to prototype market risk models or new requirements
Ideal Skills, Experience, Qualifications (you are NOT required to have all the below):
- Bachelors Degree in Financial Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience developing Front Office pricing/risk models and working with FO quant libraries
- Market Risk - general concepts (i.e. VaR methodology, P&L Explains/Predict, FRTB, IMA)
- Comfortable building distributed computing systems, worked with compute grid tech
- Java - core language (Java 8+), multi-threading, performance optimization
- Python (experience w/ pandas, numpy)
- Experience of working either with Methodology/Quants or on pricing/risk models
- Distributed, service-oriented architectures
- Hadoop, Dremio and the related ecosystem
- ActivePivot, GemFire or similar in-memory cache/aggregation technologies
- AWS Technologies
- provided by Dice