Skills: Python, PySpark & AWS
Are you looking for an opportunity to join our fast paced and passionat...
Skills: Python, PySpark & AWS
Are you looking for an opportunity to join our fast paced and passionate team that supports multiple IT applications built on various technologies with continuous modernization in progress? Within Corporate Technologies - Finance Delivery Services organization, we are a multi-skilled agile team that continuously strive to collectively discover new opportunities to implement innovative, automated and cost-efficient solutions. If this excites you, please apply now!
You will have significant impact on our team, and in our organization. You will primarily design and develop code for data centric software applications, while embracing and promoting the Agile attitude. You will help implement Regulatory Reporting product vision and communicate effectively to key partners. You will also assist with evaluation of new technologies with quick proof of concepts and support existing applications in production.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop scalable and reliable data solutions to move data across systems from multiple sources in real time as well as batch modes
- Develop innovative and automation solutions in the areas of data engineering including technology implementations using Agile construct
- Quickly learn new and legacy technologies and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions
- Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as Python, Hadoop, Spark, AWS, as well as other modern tools and applications for Big Data
- Support applications, including providing fixes to production defects and making enhancements
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate causes and come up with solutions to address defects
- Provide production support and providing clear communication on the resolution of incidents
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience in delivering solutions using Software Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years' experience in Python, PySpark and AWS (S3, Glue, EMR, Data lake, Delta Lake)
- 2+ years' experience working with complex SQL queries and Unix environment
- Takes accountability, sets expectations and delivers high quality technical solutions within agreed upon level of effort
- A spirit for innovation and ability to work in the space of "no longer" and "not yet"
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- A sense of humor
- Derive excitement and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving culture
- Outstanding interpersonal, technical, and organizational skills
- Passion for driving value to customers and excitement for modern digital processes (Agile) and delivery (CI/CD)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice