At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working t...
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to play a key role in redefining the future of cancer care?
Join MSK's Unified.Data Fabric team as we meet the challenge of creating the next generation data platform that will help fight cancer in the modern era. You will help build cloud based data infrastructure to consolidate and deliver vital data that will drive research and analytics focused on improving patient care.
You are a highly skilled software engineer who is comfortable working with large volumes of data. You can design and develop complex solutions using modern practices and technologies. You are an eager, self-starting learner who can quickly pick up new technologies.
What you'll do:
- Engineer infrastructure and tools to support data engineering. .
- Design and build Back End integrations using various technologies and taking a creative approach when working with Legacy systems.
- Engineer features of the data platform that will help ensure quality and robustness.
- Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, System Architects, other Development Teams and Users.
Who you are:
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python as a preference and Java as secondary.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Understands application integration, event driven architecture and building high volume services.
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes or similar container technologies and setting up CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud Architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.