* Gather and document requirements for developing or modifying existing programs and systems and defining file specificat...
- Gather and document requirements for developing or modifying existing programs and systems and defining file specifications for data transfer and necessary edit checks and transformations to meet user needs.
- Create, setup, test, and maintain Assay data pipelines for analysis.
- Create, setup, test, and maintain Specimen data reconciliation process.
- Work with external lab staff to resolve discrepancies between protocol expectations, case report form data, assay data, and specimen data.
- Create, update, test, and de-bug programs and maintain version control on production programs and scripts.
- Create, test, document, and maintain quality control checks.
- Create, test, document, and maintain ad hoc, standard, and study-specific reports.
- Lead development of new or updates to work instructions (WIs) and standardization of processes (SOPs).
- Train external users on data upload procedures and data submission best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve lab programming-related issues.
- Take initiative and lead team projects in best practices or process improvements.
- Mentor and advise less experienced team members.
- Apply best programming practices and collaborate with team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree in a scientific, technical, or health-related field or additional programming training, skill, or experience.
- Level III: Four years' experience in Python, SAS or any object-oriented programming language on Linux/Unix platform.
- Level IV: Five years of experience in Python, SAS or any object-oriented programming language on Linux/Unix platform, and at least 2 years of experience with SAS or Python programming
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively as part of a project team.
- Ability to learn new programming skills as needed.
- Basic SAS experience.
- Basic Perl experience.
- Basic Database Design and SQL experience.
- Basic SVN experience or any major source control application.
- Basic JIRA experience or any major ticket tracking application.
- Level III: Knowledge of and experience in programming support of clinical trials, statistical programming, or other scientific research programming support.
- Level IV: 3+ years of experience programming in support of clinical trials, statistical programming, or other scientific research programming support.
- Experience reading, parsing and transforming lab instrument data files programmatically.
- Experience reading, parsing and creating Excel files programmatically.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures for assays, and work with laboratories to receive assay results.
- Understanding of computerized systems validation.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at