Title: Data center technician Duration: 12 months What are your top 3 required technical skills? Proficient understanding and practice the s...
Title: Data center technician Duration: 12 months What are your top 3 required technical skills? Proficient understanding and practice the software development lifecycle in an agile model
Proficient understanding and practice of object-oriented programming ((java, ruby, python, vb.net, perl)
Intermediate understanding of data center networking concepts
What are a couple of desired/nice to have skills? Python programming
Software Defined Networking
What soft skills would you like to see in a candidate? Ability to effectively compose and communicate documentation including Diagrams and Reference material
Ability to verbally express technical information to staff at director level and above. Our Data Center Networking program is responsible for the design, planning, delivery, and management of all network infrastructure in the core of our data centers, cloud interconnects, regional network access points, and Internet.
The Infrastructure Services team works in direct connection with our Network Architecture team to design automated inventory capabilities to ensure policy compliance, best practice adherence, and overall greatness for our equipment on day 0 and beyond. Additionally, the Infrastructure Services team owns the full lifecycle management of critical tools for the Data Center Network platforms.
As a member of Infrastructure Services, you will be responsible for integrating, managing, and supporting Mastercard's suite of network infrastructure services with a focus on integrating multivendor tooling and utilize applied engineering techniques to implement new technology initiatives.
• Develop documentation to support the operations environment.
• Interact effectively with partners, customers, and stakeholders.
• Plan, coordinate and implement change within the scope of Infrastructure Services responsibilities.
• Provide support to internal customers and interface directly with other engineering groups.
• Actively find the best way to utilize our robust tooling solutions.
• Work across internal IT teams to resolve complex issues.
• Apply software development concepts to machinery that manages the network.
• Work with partners and external vendors to ensure all needs are addressed and drive solutions forward.
• Work with stakeholders in Design and Engineering to enhance capabilities.
• Ensure consistent auditability of the system and of changes to the platform.
The Ideal candidate:
• Degree or similar in Infrastructure Technologies, Computer Science, or Software Development
• Experience in scripting in Python and utilizing APIs for multi-vendor integration.
• Is familiar with driving complex software projects from design and development to ongoing management.
• Natively understands CI/CD topics and development methodologies including pipelines, pull requests, git, command line, etc..
• Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, address schemes, subnets, LAN/WAN, routing, and software defined networking.
• Experience in building operational processes and developing supporting documentation.
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
• Experience managing and driving components of larger projects for a network domain initiative and develop an understanding of the importance of global consistency.
• Experience in supporting an assigned global technology domain or sub-domain, providing inputs for areas of expertise.
• Resolves problems of diverse scopes as they arise, escalating complex issues where analysis of the situation requires in-depth evaluation and judgment.
• Self-motivated, demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- provided by Dice