Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get....
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop systems to liberate data from RDBMS platforms into a streaming architecture.
- Work with automation and orchestration tools such as OpenShift, Jenkins, Ansible or other commercial PaaS offerings
- Continually monitor industry developments in Cloud infrastructure developments, tools and products used in the cloud delivery model
- Work with Software, Platform Engineering and Operations teams on the development and delivery of operational ready platforms
- Work with log aggregation tools like Splunk and ELK
- Design automated, resilient, scalable platform solutions.
- Participate in development of automated delivery work flows using cloud automation and orchestration tools, Unix shell scripting and other deployment tools
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Involved in solving moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analysis
- Deliver the process and standards for developing new and exciting services for our customers
- Develop integrations between vendor tool APIs and automation frameworks
- Provide explanation and information to others on difficult issues
- Coach, provide feedback and guide others
- Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- Support, design and improve on monitoring, alerting and tooling efforts
- Maintain awareness of current technology assets, and the applicability and capability of each
- Ability and willingness to augment current expertise with new open source or targeted vendor technologies
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of Python or Java development
- 2+ years in platform engineering
- Experience in full life cycle activities
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Agile DevOps delivery model experience
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus or Grafana
Technology Careers with Optum.
- Health care industry experience
- Experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Active in working with emerging technologies
- Experience working effectively across multiple functional areas in a matrixed environment
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Python, Java, Platform Engineering, Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana, Platform Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home