About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes financial markets? Do you like working at the s...
About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
The Aladdin Product Group SRE is looking for a talented, ambitious engineer to grow and expand the SRE Platform team. Our platforms incorporate best-of-breed third-party technologies as well as in-house software. You will be responsible for the development, reliability, service delivery, scalability, and observability of the platforms. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
BlackRock invests and protects over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and has an extraordinary responsibility to our clients worldwide. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next-generation technology and solutions.
- Be part of an agile and effective team working with technical architects, leads, designers, and developers
- High standards for quality engineering. Design, develop, test, and deploy scalable, secure, and reliable software and systems using best-in-class technologies
- Optimize infrastructure and application performance and find/improve performance bottlenecks
- Communicate with stakeholders, cooperate with team members, and help developers in the community with our platforms
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends to optimize our platforms
- 2+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Proficiency in Python, Go or Java
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new technologies
- Proficient English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (analysis, design, development, testing) and basic understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
Want to learn more?
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience in Telemetry (metrics, event logging, tracing, etc.)
- Experience in the following technologies: Kafka, Hadoop, Apache, Nginx, Spring, Maven, REST API
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in our Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | | | | LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.