This forward-thinking, healthcare start up in Menlo Park is focused on providing affordable healthcare to all, specifically birth control to...
This forward-thinking, healthcare start up in Menlo Park is focused on providing affordable healthcare to all, specifically birth control to young women and medication for senior citizens. They are Series D, backed by several physicians from locally, accredited universities.
They are looking to hire on a Principal Software Engineer, who will be leading their efforts to build out their user profiles and payment platform. Mobilizing data from these profiles and synchronizing the data flows will be a major responsibility, as well as getting the chance to develop the middle tier through their homegrown APIs, while also utilizing RESTful web services. This codebase will be very Python-centric, but you will also interact across the different engineering teams, working cross-functionally.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering/development
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Worked extensively in API development
What You Will Be Doing
- Public cloud experience highly desired
- Prior RDBMS work
- Past experience with distributed systems and/or microservices
- 70% Python Development
- 20% Front-End/Java Coding
- 10% Architecture and Code Reviewing
- Competitive Salary: Up to $195K/year, DOE
- Semi- annual bonuses
- 3 weeks PTO
- Stock options offered
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
#LI-DR1 - provided by Dice