We're the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative cul...
We're the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands "yes and how!" We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Applications Architect influences the development and implementation of Information Services (I.S.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She conceives solutions, build consensus, and sells and executes solutions across business areas. This position assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture.
The Applications Architect supports I.S. leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. He/She leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and solutions at portfolio and enterprise levels. This position is involved throughout the project life cycle with emphasis on the initiation, feasibility, and analysis phases.
The Application Architect will create solutions for the AAG SDG which serves UPS globally across Business Units. The primary focus will be architecting solutions to support the Enterprise Data Strategy and Analytic and Machine Learning Model Development and Product ionization to bring structure to the code-to-production process by introducing new frameworks and standards as well as move the existing architecture forward in support of the new standards. The ideal candidate will offer a blend of cloud and development skills (Python, R) to support their architecture solution and will demonstrate the business acumen required to create, document and drive implementation on new architectural policy.
Provide Architectural direction on analytics projects:
- Provides architectural guidance for large scale efforts
- Acts as subject matter expert on UPS architectural practices
- Codes in Python, R and related technologies
- Maintains a broad understanding of development, implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define architectures
- Presents findings and recommendations to management to define problems, propose business cases and data strategies, and gain support
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to current security and regulatory compliance
- Performs peer reviews of large and highly complex solutions with the stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
- Collaborates with project teams to evaluate strategic alternatives, determines impact, recommends courses of action, and to design and guide the implementation of solutions
- Expert with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Product Roadmapping, Web Service & API Development, Cloud Development/Architecture, Python, Virtualization, Multi-Cloud Architecture, Advanced Analytics
- Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Concepts and Knowledge of Standards and Governance Policies and Procedures
- Excellent Communications skills
- Highly organized and be able to work independently
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience in IT or software-related roles
- Experience with Python and R (in Analytics use cases preferred)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure, etc.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law